It has been insanely hot in Denver and all over the country this summer. I don’t know about you guys but my hair is in the worst shape it’s ever been in. I’m talking super dry, tons of breakage, a gross amount of split ends and not enough shine. I’ve been using different products to try to fix it but nothing has seemed to do the trick yet. Then – I got these tips from the pros at Nexxus Endless Style Digital Magazine!
You’re 5 steps away from sexy, healthy hair, ladies!
- Get sexy hair overnight. To preserve loose waves overnight, put your hair in a twisted bun when you sleep (this is one of my best-kept secrets)! - Melissa Meyers, Endless Style Lifestyle Editor
- If you have hair that’s longer than a few inches, don’t use a vent brush. They rip through your hair, damaging it. Better brush bets? A paddle brush, a round or oval brush, and a styling brush. - Kevin Mancuso, Nexxus Creative Director
- Blowdrying may be a fact of life, but it doesn’t have to be so damaging. Make sure hair is at least 50 percent dry before you turn on the dryer and keep it on the lowest heat setting possible to avoid hurting your hair. - Sally Wadyka, Endless Style Features Editor
- Cut bangs. If you’ve been sporting one-length locks forever, adding some fringe (whether it’s the soft, side-swept style, or more extreme blunt cut bangs) will completely alter the look of your hair. - Sally Wadyka, Endless Style Features Editor
- Protein is necessary to keep your hair full, thick and healthy. Top Sources: Fish, Lean Meats, Almonds, Quinoa.” - Valerie Latona, Endless Style Editor-in-Chief